In general, people like to live a life with meaning and purpose.
Spirituality is present in all traditions and cultures. It includes spiritual practices and disciplines such as prayer, meditation, rituals, ceremonies, and specific exercises. Most people relate spirituality to the deepest part of their own beliefs. This enables them to draw the ultimate meaning of their lives and the world that they live in. Spirituality also helps them to identify and distinguish the real purpose of life. Daily interactions with other people can be considered as spirituality and the spiritual life as a whole. Spirituality is unique and distinct to every individual. The spiritual body connects to different energies.
According to Sri Daya Mata, “Spirituality lies not in the power to heal others, to perform miracles or to astound the world with our wisdom, but in the ability to endure with right attitude whatever crosses we have to face in our daily lives and thus rise above them.”
To fully access the spiritual aspect of the body, it is important to maintain a daily practice which will keep the connection open. A daily spiritual rite or religious practice is essential to keep the connection open. A state of harmony can only be achieved if we develop our intuition and spirituality. The ultimate level in achieving full spiritual element of wellness might be impossible to achieve. However, if we just figure out the best techniques that will work for us, then living a life with meaning and purpose is just within our reach. We may ask “What can we do to improve our spiritual wellness?” We can actually achieve complete spiritual wellness in several ways.
The following are easy tips on wellness to eliminate stress, calm the mind, deepen spiritual leaning and improve overall happiness and health.
- Pray or meditate – this is very basic and may sound so easy. Constant prayer and meditation increase spiritual development.
- Spend time alone – it is when we are alone that we start to see and feel the inner essence of who we really are.
- Give – spiritual development is enhanced when we help and give to others.
- Move your body – the idea is to release tension and stress and increase connectivity in the body. Yoga, dance, martial arts and exercise are some of the activities that will make us move our bodies.
- Live healthier – we must take proper care of our physical bodies. We must remember to eat better, exercise more, stop smoking and drink less alcohol.
- Think positively – when we start viewing things and life in a positive manner, we will find ourselves thinking differently. Eliminating negativity makes us feel more relaxed and calmer.
- Get it out – we can really heave a sigh of relief if we express what’s on our minds. By doing this, we can think clearly and focus on ahead.
Whenever we feel the desire to grow spiritually, it’s important to begin a routine of daily spiritual practice. Above all, it is only through practice that we will reap the fruits of our labor and eventually see self-improvement and growth.